AIA, ASCE/TSPE, ASID, AGC, ASLA, CSI, green|spaces, Home Builder's Association and SPGC have joined together to identify the best working within each field.
Applications are now open for:
- AIA Best Residential Design of the Year
- AIA Best Commercial Design of the Year
- AIA Best Construction Detail Project of the Year
- AGC Excellence in Construction of the Year
- AGC Excellence in Safety of the Year
- ASID Residential Project of the Year
- ASID Commercial Project of the Year
- ASID Student Project of the Year
- ASLA Award of Excellence
- ASCE/TSPE/SWE Outstanding Engineering Project of the Year
- CSI Innovative Collaboration Project of the Year
- Homebuilder Association Excellence in Building of the Year
- green|spaces Sustainable Project of the Year
- green|spaces Sustainable Business of the Year
- Sustainability Professional of the Year
Applications can be viewed and submitted at www.brichattanooga.com
DEADLINE: MONDAY June 3, 5pm! NO EXTENTIONS THIS YEAR!!
The awards event, on July 10th, will provide an opportunity for organizations to network, build relationships and recognize those who are outstanding in the community. The event will be hosted at The Westin.
Proceeds of the event will benefit ACE Mentor Program - engage, excite and enlighten high school students to pursue careers in architecture, engineering, and construction through mentoring and to support their continued advancement in the industry. ACE not only engages sponsors and volunteer mentors to expose students to real-world opportunities, it financially supports each student's continued success through scholarships and grants.
Teams of students and mentoring firms are assembled and meet throughout the school year at the firm offices. The students plan and design innovative projects mirroring "real-world" conditions while mentors help them develop solutions using basic problem-solving techniques and state-of-the-art design tools. The teams also tour construction sites and notable buildings to see firsthand what is required to design and erect these kinds of structures.
In addition to acquiring new knowledge and skills, students are eligible for ACE scholarships and gain contacts that can help with college admissions, internships and full-time employment. ACE enhances the mentoring firm profile and the individual mentor's presentation and communication skills as well as preparing the future workforce.
Find out more here! http://acementor.org/